When you are looking for a tennis court builder you need to be assured that the company you choose can build you a court that will remain stable, look good, require low maintenance and last. As a successful builder of courts, we have taken our 40 years of experience to create this list of things you should know and things you should look for when choosing a court builder:
10 common things you should know
- No surface is maintenance free, however correct planning and choice of surface may allow more play time and less work time.
- When designing a tennis court, it is essential to consider not only site orientation but also the physical features of the residence etc.
- Whilst the size of the tennis court enclosure can vary greatly, the playing lines are a fixed dimension.
- State-wide planning schemes may allow for lighting of your tennis court “as- a- right’
- Environmental lighting systems now ‘spill’ little or no light into adjoining property. You get what you pay for.
- Modern tennis courts can be used for a variety of sports eg: – cricket, basketball, netball, hockey, cycling, T ball, softball, running, inline skating. Even ice skating.
- Qualified tennis court builders should possess builders’ licences and all necessary insurances to protect the client.
- Water runoff from your tennis court can be saved for irrigation in large storage tanks beneath the court. (every 10mm of rain equates to approximately 5,000 litres of water runoff.)
- Tennis courts can be built over garages, media rooms, cellars and domestic dwellings.
- Victoria has one of the largest numbers of private tennis courts per population in the world.
Still not convinced? Then listen to our satisfied customers...
I feel that the resultant court is superbly constructed and know that it is superb to play on.
I was very impressed with the speed with which you dealt with the minor hiccups throughout the project.
I just played tennis on the courts at Yarra Glen Tennis Club, and want to thank you for doing such a wonderful job.
Everyone at AS Lodge were always helpful and willing to assist with any concerns we may have had.
Your integrity and control of yesterday's situation was most reassuring that I had made the correct decision in choosing your company.
A S Lodge carried out a full resurfacing of our 28 year old tennis court with a new concrete base and synthetic grass. From the initial discussions with Richard and innovative approach to the final sign off with Sandy the complete experience was one of minimal inconvenience and complete satisfaction.
The concrete team and then the grass laying team were efficient and extremely fast in their execution of their tasks.
The finished result is what looks like a brand new court.
We are extremely satisfied in our choice of A S Lodge, and would recommend them to anyone in the future.
Once again thanks for a great project.