A.S. Lodge has been continuously involved in the construction of synthetic tennis courts and other recreational facilities since 1979. Click the links below to find out more about our proven products and services.
Tennis Court of Choice
- Synthetic Grass: A time proven domestic, club and commercial surface which allows for even ball bounce, medium speed, low maintenance and perfect aesthetics. A synthetic grass court can be extremely versatile whilst allowing high player comfort. A S Lodge in conjunction with industry leading synthetic grass manufacturers Sportgrass http://www.sportgrass.com.au have worked over many years to produce the most technically advanced synthetic grass products. (Please feel free to visit Sportgrass website).
- Acrylic: A true hard surface of international standard, extremely low maintenance colour-fast, adjustable speed with rigid line definition.
- Plexicushion Used for the Australian Open for many years
- Rebound Ace: An international surface, soft under foot yet allowing sure grip.
- SynClay: An international style fast dry new synthetic clay. This product has become extremely popular in converting old red porous courts to a NO WATER international style surface.
- Har-Tru: An American designed and supplied clay court incorporating a proprietary and protected method of watering using osmosis.
Tennis Court Lighting
Many courts are completed and complimented by the installation of lighting systems to extend the total playing time. A.S. Lodge have a wealth of experience to advise, design and install the latest in court lighting technology. Our design service, including necessary computer printouts, is available to our customers at no charge. All types of lights are available including Metal halide and state of the art LED.
Tennis Court Maintenance and After Sales Service
Whilst A.S. Lodge tennis courts are low maintenance, no tennis court is maintenance free. We can advise you in the full maintenance procedures necessary to maintain your investment. We are also able to offer a full, comprehensive maintenance service to keep your tennis court in tip top shape.
Tennis Court Specifications
More than just Tennis Courts
We never cease to be amazed at the stories about how our courts are used. You name the game or sport and it has probably been played on an A.S.Lodge ‘Tennis Court’ – bike riding… yes, roller skating… yes, cricket… yes, even ice skating.
What’s more, if you’re planning a party, our tennis court becomes the perfect site for a marquee. When it’s all finished and everything is packed away, the tennis court becomes perfect for…. tennis!
- Cricket – The same high-grade polyethylene that is used on the first-class synthetic cricket wickets is used on our courts ensuring that budding cricketers can sharpen their skills on the court without inflicting any damage on the surface.
- T Ball & Softball – The total enclosure of the court allows for full practice room for T Ball, Softball and similar bat and ball sports.
- Volleyball – When you have a crowd of people your A.S. Lodge Tennis Court can be quickly changed into a volleyball action court, where up to 20 players can shoot it out.
- Basketball – Adding an International style backboard and ring means that the young and not so young can attain the ‘heights of the stars – slam dunk!
- Netball – Our adjustable height netball ring allows even the youngest aspiring players to ‘achieve’ success.
- Golf – When the day is done and the legs are tired, a golf putting competition will extend the fun and keep skill levels high.
Features of A.S. Lodge Tennis Courts
Complete player comfort, with A.S. Lodge developed T.C. sand, so that the synthetic grass remains cool underfoot in summer whilst allowing good grip and slide when desired. T.C. sand comes in off-white or Olive (natural).
A.S. Lodge Turf has ‘tufted’ white, gold, blue or red lines made to standard specification which are an integrated part of the total synthetic surface.Only the best quality nets and posts are produced for A.S. Lodge. These products have been designed to be long lasting with low maintenance. These nets and posts are the same as those used for the Australian Open at Melbourne Park.
Tennis Court Accessories Available
Fully collapsible or permanent umpires’ chairs are a worthwhile option for those who take their tennis seriously.
Old world drink fountains are cast for use for A.S. Lodge by one of Australia’s oldest foundries – a welcome addition for player comfort.
Whether hitting on your own or under the watchful eye of a coach, a fully remote-controlled oscillating ball throwing machine means there is constant feedback from every shot.
A full range of maintenance and court grooming equipment and chemicals is available through A.S. Lodge along with experienced advice.
A.S. Lodge employs current international construction techniques and experienced trades people. Perfection of ground levelling is achieved by extensive use of laser-controlled levelling equipment combined with experienced engineering supervisors.
- An excellent tennis court starts with high tech laser-controlled excavation machinery, combined with knowledgeable use of compaction equipment.
- Perfect tolerance of final grading is achieved by use of the A.S. Lodge purpose-built laser land plane.
- Our experienced concrete crew place the specified volume of concrete to the prepared base with all steel reinforced correctly set in position.
- The concrete is finished off to the A.S. Lodge quality standard which exceeds general industry practices.
- The A.S. Lodge synthetic grass laying team add the final touches to another classy court.
- The total project can be completed and enhanced with A.S. Lodge landscaping, including construction of Gazebo or fully enclosed summer houses
Still not convinced? Then listen to our satisfied customers...
I feel that the resultant court is superbly constructed and know that it is superb to play on.
I was very impressed with the speed with which you dealt with the minor hiccups throughout the project.
Everyone at AS Lodge were always helpful and willing to assist with any concerns we may have had.
Your integrity and control of yesterday's situation was most reassuring that I had made the correct decision in choosing your company.